- This collection of organizations is an incredible resource!
PVHN welcomes your history-related questions and genealogical inquiries! Contact us at: email@example.com
- Learn how your favorite historical society can benefit from PVHN’s Summer Themes, Gatherings & Workshops, and Special Projects.
- Get involved!
- And let us know your thoughts below:
Your Homespun History Un-Conference
Last year, we learned what happens when history-minded people — local historians, public history professionals, genealogists, preservationists, academics and amateurs — all found themselves together in one place, at one time. The result was History Camp Pioneer Valley and it was a blast! So let’s do it again!
Pioneer Valley History Network
History Camp Pioneer Valley to be held on
Saturday, July 29, 2017 at the
Kittredge Center at Holyoke Community College.
This will be a gathering of history enthusiasts of all ages for a day of learning and sharing. Based on the “un-conference” model developed by History Camp Boston, this will be a follow-up to last year’s successful western Massachusetts event. What is an “un-conference”? In short, it’s a self-organizing conference. People who share a common interest get together and create the framework for the event:
- The topics that are presented are the ones of interest to the presenters.
- No committee will “screen” the topics and requesting a time-slot is easy. Anyone can present.
- The sessions that are well-attended are the ones that are of interest to the attendees.
- It’s an incredibly democratic way to gather and share information.
The cost will be low — the goal is to break even. There are no paid staff, no paid speakers, and no one will profit. We want your participation.
There will also be plenty of opportunity for networking and an exhibit area for selling books and other history-related products. There is no specific theme, but please, no political diatribes or sales pitches for commercial products or services. Other than that, the sky is the limit.
To Register to Attend or Present, go to:
For more Information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page has the following sub pages.